Moving to a new home is exciting and at the same time stressing. However, relocation can be simple and efficient through home removalists in Sydney that have the right skills and equipment for the task. If you think that hiring removalists are additional expense, think again. Professional removalists will ensure that your furniture reaches its destination in good condition.
If you will add up all the costs of moving from conveyance to estate agent fees, it can be a hefty sum. You can do it for half the amount by inviting friends to a moving party to help with the packing. A large removal van with professional staff will save you time and efforts but not cash.
The following tips will reduce the cost of moving.
- If you want to pay a cheaper price to the removal company, de-clutter. A garage sale will help you dispose of unwanted belongings. Another option is to give away things you do not need to charity.
- Removal companies have staff that can pack and unpack your belongings. You can reduce costs if you ask friends to wear their old comfortable clothing and help you pack.
- Remember that charges for furniture removals are most expensive during Friday’s and weekends. Summer is also the busiest time of the year for moving. Try to be flexible with dates to minimize costs.
- To minimize damages on furniture, disassemble it before it is packed. Store parts like screws, nuts and bolts in zip lock bags before you put labels. This way, you won’t interchange the items when it is time to re-assemble.
- Cardboard boxes are additional expense but you can get them for free or a cheaper price from groceries and hardware stores. However, fragile items must be packed in customized boxes intended for glasses or champagne flutes.
It is also important to compare quotes of removal companies. However, the cheapest is not always the best. Opt for home removalists in Sydney that have a reputation of honesty and reliability. Staff is professional and highly skilled in the relocation process with a proven record of trust and good service.